Women with LAM are unlikely to know anyone who has heard of LAM or who has the condition and this may lead to feelings of isolation. Here at LAM Action we hope to be able to help. A primary aim of LAM Action is to provide support and information to women with LAM and their families. We do this in a number of ways:
- Website: This website is a good place to start looking for information about LAM. We keep it up to date with information about the condition, research news, list of fundraising and other events; it also details how to get in touch with other women who have LAM and with their families.
- LAM Action coordinator: Contact Jill Pateman in the LAM Action office for further information on any aspect of LAM and LAM Action, and she will be able to talk things through with you or point you in the right direction for more information. Jill can also put you in touch with women with LAM in your area. She is available by email email@example.com or in the LAM Action office on 07710 527636
- Fact-sheet: We have produced a detailed factsheet on LAM for doctors and women with LAM: LAM Fact Sheet
- Information Sheet: A brief leaflet explaining what LAM is and what LAM Action does: LAM Action Information Leaflet
- Newsletter: LAMpost, our newsletter, is published quarterly. Sign up to receive LAMpost here.
- Annual Meeting: Once a year, in June, we hold a day-long meeting for women with LAM and their families, in which they can talk with LAM experts, hear other relevant medical experts talk about LAM, and ask questions. This is a great opportunity to meet others with LAM. It is also a good way for family members and friends to learn more about LAM.
- Email support group: We have an active, friendly and supportive chat-line, LAMline, for women with LAM, which offers discussions and support via email. We are also active on social media sites such as Facebook & Twitter. Sign up to LAMline by following these instructions.
- One-to-one contact: We have a network of women willing to talk and provide support to others. In addition, we organise local, informal gatherings in some areas of the UK. Contact Jan for details.